Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Show & Tell : Makeup palette collection and recommendations

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!
Today is going to be a pretty long post since I'm going to be showing you my makeup palette collection and I'm also going to tell you which palettes I like most and which ones I would recommend. It's possible that you have seen some posts or reviews on certain palettes already!
I'm not going to show you every single one, I'm just going to show you the brands that made me buy 'a lot' of their palettes.

So here's a picture of all the products in my stash. I do have a couple of other palettes as well but I couldn't find them. Most of the palettes I have are drugstore so they are cheap. I don't really care about the brand or the price, as long as it works good, it's okay for me. Also, budgetproof products are great because you get to build your stash. With thesame money, you get a lot more Essence products than you get MAC products.

 

So I own quite a few palettes by "MAX", it's all cruelty free and very cheap. It's sold in Dutch and Belgian shops called "Action", where you can get anything really, and all for a small price. I often get makeup from there because it comes in handy when carnival is around the corner! I also get fake lashes from there, that way I don't have to spend a lot of money on something I'm probably only going to wear a couple of hours.


One of my favourite stores to get makeup palettes from is Essence. I own quite a few Essence products (not only eyeshadow) and I have never regretted getting anything from them. Essence is a lovely brand that has a great price/quality thing going on. Catrice is nice as well, but I have more mono eyeshadows from them.

 

Next I have the palettes that came in my makeup kit. I have no idea what brand this is, nothing is mentioned on the labels. A pity really, because the pigmentation is amazing! I use the first palette, with the neutral colours for daily looks. Everything else is for colour pop looks or for carnival.


 Last but not least I also own two palettes and a single eyeshadow by NYC. It's a bit thesame like Essence and Catrice (only a little bit more expensive, maybe?)
The price/quality is good and there is enough variation in their product range.
I'm not so crazy about the first palette but the second one is really nice! I also like the fact that there is a lluminator and an eyeshadow base!


PS: I regret the fact that all we have here is NYC, Catrice, Essence and then there are brands like Rimmel, Maybelline and L'Oréal - but I only get lipsticks from those brands (don't ask me why, I don't know myself).
You could say I have tried every brand in my drugstore by now, after a while it gets a little boring - yes, I'm sorry to say this because I love our brands, but I really wish we would have more. I'm jealous of you guys who have MUA and Wet 'n Wild in their stores.

If there are any palettes you'd like to see reviews/looks on in particular, please let me know and I will grant your wish as soon as I can!

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I lovee essence products :D
    anyway, im following your blog :)




    www.beautylicious08.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those palettes are all gorgeous! I especially love the ones with gold in them, I am a big fan of copper/gold shadows!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!