Friday, April 5, 2013

Essence 3D "Irresistible Vanilla Latte" eyeshadow review

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Essence has added a lot of interesting items to their collection. I'm glad I got some items to test them. So far I haven't been disappointed by the new Essence items, so I'm exited to see how the new 3D eyeshadows work.
The Essence 3D eyeshadows were hidden in a little corner in the drugstore I went to. I almost didn't see them! Just when I was about to leave, they caught my eye and after taking a closer look, I decided to adopt two of the eyeshadow duo's.


I love these eyeshadows! Look how beautiful they are!

The first 3D eyeshadow I tested was "Irresistible vanilla latte", this is the one that I'm going to be reviewing today. I think it looked amazing and I just couldn't leave it at the store. One side is a gold shimmery colour and the other colour appears to be broken white.
You can't see it in the pictures but it also has like a pearly shine to it. So pretty!


The swatches...


And what I feared happened: the colours barely show up on my skin. I knew this was going to happen because light colours on a light skin... It's just not a good idea. I do think these colours would look fabulous on tan ladies.
Well it's not a disaster for me because the plan all along was to wear this with the colours from the other duo eyeshadow, but i just wanted to show you how the two colours looked on their own.

I used the "broken white" on my lid and the shimmery gold colour in my crease. If you try REALLY hard you might see some of the shimmers. Maybe.

I really do like the colours, I would just suggest to wear them over a darker eyeshadow colour or to use them as highlight if you're just as pale as me.
If you're nice and tan, I think this will look lovely on you! (This is actually the first time I regret being so pale!)

Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!