Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Essence eyebrow stylist set review

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I'm enjoying the sun these days, it's still not hot outside but I'm already glad it's not snowing anymore!

As a kid and as a teenager I have always been very insecure about my eyebrows. First they were too thick, then they were too thin or the shape wasn't right - there was always something wrong about them and I felt really small when people commented on it. About a year ago I found out there was such a thing as "drawing eyebrows" or "filling in eyebrows". I struggled with it a lot in the beginning (trying to find the right colour and such) but it's going a lot faster and easier now that I had a bit of practice.

 

I got this new eyebrow stylist set by Essence just to try it, it seemed like a nice product. The packaging is pretty simple, it has the shape of a pill which I think is funny but it's also good because that way you can always take it with you. Also you need to be able to see the eyeshadow colours so I think there has been thought about the packaging and it's all right for me.
The set holds two eyeshadow colours, one little brush, three eyebrow stencils and a little card with all the information you need.


I think it's very good that the eyebrow stencils came with it. I have never had an eyebrow kit like this but it's interesting. Also I think this is good for girls who don't have the right shape yet, or for girls who barely have eyebrows. That way you can choose the stencil that would fit you most and you can draw your eyebrows perfectly!


Here are the swatches. 
 

The lightest colour turned out to be a little bit darker then I had expected. This is the colour I use most of the time. Sometimes I use both of the colours, I will use the colour on the left for the part of my eyebrows that's closest to my nose and then I'll use the dark brown for the outside of my eyebrows, to make them longer or darker. Maybe a third colour would have been nice but aside from that I think this is a nice eyebrow kit and I'm glad I got it!

Do you have a favourite eyebrow kit? If so, which one is it?
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I should buy one!


    http://lowbudget-lowcost.blogspot.it/2013/04/random-pics-from-last-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this set on internet but I never seen in in drug store. I really like it. I m using ARTDECO pencil for eyebrows, because I always have pin up make up, and I like to have good eyebrows :).

    Visit my blog, I wrote about make up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this looks great! I hate me eyebrows, I use a kit similar to this by Natio but don't have stencils...I really need some!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!