Thursday, August 15, 2013

MAC "Woodwinked" review

Hello! Can I take a second to apologize please? Yesterday I found out how to put my blog on a "schedule". I knew I wasn't going to be here today so I scheduled it but apparently, I'm not doing a great job! Sorry sorry, I am so so sorry! Anyways, here is my first post of today!

Exactly two weeks ago it was my birthday and I went to get my first MAC cosmetics items! Today I'm showing you "Woodwinked", a beautiful velvet textured eyeshadow that made me fall in love at first sight!


I asked the makeup artist at the store for some eyeshadows that I could use on a daily basis, that still were visible and cute, but not over the top. I like to keep it more neutral on my eyes and brighter on the lips (in daily life). This was the first eyeshadow she came up with! She also did my makeup, by the way, I'll show you a picture of that at the end of this post. 
"Woodwinked" is a colour that I saw in youtube tutorials a lot but I think if I didn't ask for help, I wouldn't have picked this. Sometimes it IS better to ask for help.

 

I originally wanted this colour in a palette, but they didn't have it in palette form anymore, so I bought it as a mono. The packaging is black and very simple. It doesn't have an awful lot of information on it. "MAC" written in black on the front and the name and texture of the colour on the back. The picture below is a picture of how this looks in natural daylight and the picture below that picture is meant to show you how the colour looks with flash on.


The eyeshadow is insanely pigmented, feels very soft and applies easily. I also don't get any fall out. There's a little bit of shimmer in this eyeshadow but it's not overwelming or disturbing.

Also I noticed that when the makeup artist applied my eyeshadow, the brushes were so soft! I felt like an angel was stroking my eyelids - which is a little bit weird and creepy to say but it felt really soft. It relaxed me so much! I knew the brushes were very popular but I didn't know that they would be as nice as they actually were! I might have to invest in MAC brushes soon- or, well, when mine are too old to work! 


Swatch! What a beauty this is! Time for the makeup look... Keep on scrollin'!


I hope you'll be able to see the colour. "Woodwinked" is the colour that the makeup artist used on my lid. You'll have to do your best to see it, hah, I'm sorry, I didn't take any other pictures (we just snapped this one and then got ready to go out for dinner).
Oh, and in case you didn't know, I'm the girl on the left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!