Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bookreview: The boy in the striped pyjamas by John Boyne

Hello! It's been a while since I've done a bookreview! I now have a bookreview for you on "The boy in the striped pyjamas" by John Boyne. This book is quite known and there's also a movie about it. I had to read it for school and I wanted to give you my opinion on this book.


The book is basically about a German boy who moves to a house near Auswitch, where he meets a little Jew boy. Now, of course the boys don't quite understand what's going on, they don't know they're suppost to hate each other. So they become friends. And friends, as you know, do things for each other. But some things just go wrong... They end tragically. So do things in this book.


I saw the movie before I read the book (but it was the film edition). I do have to say that there are only two differences in the whole book, so if you've seen the movie or if you want to watch it, you'll get what it's about. I was very touched both by the movie and the book. I think it's written beautifully and in a way that you can understand the boys' feelings.

This is a very nice book, I loved it. Just sad that it's based on a real story - I hope something like this never will happen again.
Peace will come when power of love is greater than the love of powder.

Thanks for reading and let me know your opinions on the book! 
Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!