Friday, September 6, 2013

Booted not suited!

Back in the days when I was a little girl, I would tell everyone I wanted to be a fashion designer. I remember my parents telling me that this dream wasn't realistic and that it was very hard to succeed, but I never listened and everyday I was reading about designers on Wikipedia and other websites.

 

Recently I met Leren Connor, she is a fashion designer who's clothes and jewellery are all handmade! She was kind enough to send me some items so that I could share my opinion with you. Have I mentioned that Leren is very talented?
She's living my dream! I received a jacket and a necklace - the jacket I had to send back, the necklace is a gift (which I'm very grateful for, it's so pretty, you'll see it in a minute).

This new collection is inspired by the working women in todays society but with a diverse twist on it. I used five different prints each symbolizing a different aspect of work from a tattoo artist to a bird watcher, it features bold prints and block colours. The point I’m making in this collection is women with attitude in different jobs. - Leren Connor


As you could read, the new collection is inspired by working women in todays society. Lerens collection represents five different jobs. I think it's quite smart! I've listed them below:
Skulls – Tattoo Artist

Books – Librarian
Birds – Bird watcher
Teapots – Waitress

 
Fashion comic – Fashion Designer/seamstress (this is what I got).


Let's start with the necklace. This thing is seriously breathtaking! It has too sides, a lighter and a darker side, so you can choose which side you want to wear. Not only does it look very special, I'm pretty sure nobody else in my school will have this. And all handmade... Stunning, really.

 

Onto the jacket!


I love this jacket, especially the details are a lot of fun because it's a nice way to spice up your outfit! I'd wear this either with a little black dress or black pants and high heels, but a coloured T-shirt. No matter what T-shirt, there are so many colours in this jacket that it'll probably fit rightaway!

 

I think personally the jacket is a little too big for my body shape. But ah I'd probably accentuate m waist with a shiny bet or something. 
How much I wish I could keep it!

 

Again, I'm very excited about the collection and also very impressed. The idea is cool, the designs are even better and above all that it's handmade! This is probably one of the most impressive things about this collection. I don't think when I try handmade clothing, I will end up with stunning stuff like this. I had so much fun working with Leren. This was such a great and inspiring opportunity! If you're curious about other news or work, you can follow Leren on social media sites! I highly recommend you do!

1 comment:

  1. This collection is so original and cool!! Like it!
    wanna follow each other on fb and bloglovin??
    _Amara-

    http://bitterberrystyle.blogspot.it/2013/09/never-without-summer-02.html

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!