Monday, June 3, 2013

Bookreview: "Insurgent" by Veronica Roth


Hi guys! Today I’m reviewing “Insurgent” by Veronica Roth, which is the second book of the trilogy.
Click here for the review on the first book, Divergent.  In the first book Erudite and Dauntless (who were under influence of a serum) tried to overthrow everyone else, which means that all of this didn’t succeed because the reason why they “invented” the factions was to stop war.


So the attacks have stopped and the Dauntless people aren’t under influence anymore. They think Erudite won’t just give up and they have to find people who want to fight with them. First they go to Amity, the ‘friendly’ people, who decide they don’t want to take any side and just stay neutral, then they go to Candor, who don’t seem to be looking forward to fighting either.

While they’re there, they get attacked again, only now the serum is suppost to influence everyone exept the Divergent people, so the Erudite will know who the Divergent people are (because they aren’t influenced by the serum). The Divergent people are brought together and the floor they’re on turns into a battlefield.
After this happens the Dauntless decide they should go back to their building, they should go make it safe again and then live there.
Until then everything goes well, until one night, one of Tris’ closest friends seems to behave like someone else and without any sign she jumps off the building. Turns out the Erudite are going to keep doing this until Tris goes to the Erudite building so they now have a Divergent person to test their ‘Divergent proof’ serums on.


Tris decides to go and brings not only herself in danger. And what do the factionless have to do with all this? What is going on with her brother Caleb? What is going on with her friend Christina?
They get unexpected support, but also unexpected setback.
In the end, everything becomes clear and the Divergent people are for once happy to be who they are.
I thought this book was written really well, the end also surprised me, I couldn’t have guessed certain parts of it myself (although I was speculating a bit). I can’t wait to read the third book!

If you're looking for a book that'll entertain you, let's say, as much as the Hunger Games, you really should read these series. I'm not quite sure which series I like best, they're both very fascinating! I'm loving it! 

1 comment:

  1. this sounds rather confusing to me. Perhaps I need to read the first one?! I loved Hunger Games...xo

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!