Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Being body confident ♥

 - 

Hello everyone. Today I wanted to do a short little post about body confidence. I just wanted to go ahead and talk to you about it more openly than I normally would because I feel this is becoming a huge issue in my life.

Since becoming a teenager, I have always been a bit more chubby. 
First of all, because I love food too much but also because (maybe) I don't exercise enough. I'm quite happy with the way I look, I'm blessed with a butt and a pair of beautiful breasts (if I do say so myself), but also some curves that I'd love to hide a little bit more.

I know I should try to get fit again but if you go to school 5 days a week, run more than one blog and work 3 days a week, you'll know how exhausting it can be at times. Not that I'm looking for an excuse.


These last few weeks I have noticed that a lot of people are again commenting on my weight. Last week I was getting cookies for someone and people thought it was for me. So they pointed out that I really didn't need those extra pounds. Uh, hello, as if it wasn't already clear.

I just wanted to address this because... Well, why?  Everyone is beautiful and eventhough that sounds like a huge cliché, it is the way it is. I admit I could probably lose some weight but I don't want to and I don't want to be reminded of me being chubby everytime I get something to eat.


I'm blessed with a beautiful body, born into a lovely family that provides me of everything I need. Why would I want to starve myself? To look better for the "society"? Because I'll become old and lonely one day if I don't start my diet now?

I'm not afraid to say I love my body. I love myself. I have days where I look in the mirror and I don't feel 100% perfect, but I have many days where I look in the mirror and I can look myself in the eye when I tell myself I'm beautiful the way I am.

Why shouldn't you? Just think of all the companies that would go out of business if women woke up one day and decided to like their body. I'm not perfect, nobody is, but I'm learning to accept myself and embrace my imperfections.
It's taken me 17 years to convince myself I'm good the way I am, I haven't got another 17 years to convince somebody else.

Once you accept your flaws, nobody can use them against you. Don't let them ruin you as they have ruined me in the past. Words are just words and people who don't know how hard it can be are always the first to judge and the first to claim they can do it better.
Don't waiste you energy.


Have a beautiful day. Love yourself. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. A-ma-zing post! I love the way you think. The only thing I could disagree is that we should all be a little more conscious concerning what we eat and how often we exercise, not for the society, but for our health (hm, I should do that too). Just to know, I'm definitely going to share this post. It couldn't be more to the point. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best post ever! Amazing! I agree with you. It is important that you feel good in your skin, it doesn't matter if you have 40 or 80 kg. Ofc we need to take care about our body for health not what other people will say.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!