Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Claire's makeup palette review

Hi! First of all I wanted to apologize for the late post: bad Internet connections and such...

A while ago I bought myself a new makeup palette. You know how I am with makeup palettes: I can never get enough!
This palette comes in the most adorable packaging ever! It has stripes, dots and bows, I just think it looks lovely and girly!

 

You can unfold this palette three times. It reminds me of a book a little bit! The first side of the palette holds five brushes and a small mirror.


The middle part is filled with a bunch of beautiful eeshadows in various, beautiful colours. There are twenty colours to pick from!
In the middle,between the eyeshadows, you'll find a blush, bronzer and powder.

 

On the right side of the unfolded palette, you'll find nothing but lipglosses. This palette holds so many lipglosses, it's hard to choose which one you'd like to wear! There are sixteen rounds, four squares and two tubes to choose from. Dark, bright, subtile, it's all in here!


How about the quality of this palette? I find the eyeshadows extremely beautiful! The pigmentation however could have been a little bit better.
Especially the very light and the very dark colours are pigmented well, the rest not so much. The texture of these eyeshadows is a bit crumbly which means that if you're not careful (enough), you will have fall out on your face.

The brushes that come with this set are useful but not exactly high quality. It's nice to use if you're in a rush or if you're just starting out with makeup and this is your starter kit.

swatches without flash
swatches with flash
The pigmentation of the lipglosses is better than the pigmentation of the eyeshadows. Even though they are a bit sticky (every lipgloss I own is a bit sticky), they feel smooth and are easy to apply. They also look stunning!


I think the pigmentation of the eyeshadows could have been a little bit better, but overall I'm glad with the rest of the palette. Nice colours, decent quality, affordable. I think I could for sure make it work with this palette. Below, you can find a look I made with this palette!

 

Thanks for reading! Take good care!

3 comments:

  1. where is it from? how much did you pay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at the Claire's store. I don't know if you're from Belgium but if you are, it's in Bruges.
      It was €14.95, which is £10, which is $20. X

      Delete
  2. great palette dear
    xoxo
    happy day

    NEW POST!!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!