Saturday, March 22, 2014

How and why I enjoy reading!

 

Hello everyone! I have mentioned books a few times on this blog, I mean, it's no secret that I LOVE them! However, I get a lot of "Ew, why do you even like reading? It's boring!". 

So today I wanted to share with you the things that I do to make reading more enjoyable for myself. 
Maybe you can try to do these things as well, if you've never liked reading but would like to like reading (if that makes sense)!


1. Make it enjoyable for yourself to read
Make yourself a cup of tea, grab yourself a little snack and crawl into bed. I love reading in bed because I'm comfortable and I can focus on the book much better.

2. Read something you want 
You don't have to read the Divergent series if you're not into distopian books. Why would you do that, because it's mainstream and cool at the moment? Because the cover of the book is pretty?
Try to read something that you think is interesting. For me, that's young adult books, distopian books and thrillers. If you're not sure what you like to read, you can look up reviews first. 
Get yourself a library card, with that, you can get books which you don't have to pay for. If you don't like them, return them. Try something else.
There are books for everyone out there. You just have to search a little.

3. Get motivated/challenge yourself
Get motivated to read. I like to challenge myself to read as much as I can and to gain as much knowledge as I can. I try to read one book a week. That can sometimes make it feel less like a hobby and more like an obligation. When I start to feel it's an obligation I just slow it down and take my time. The main goal is to enjoy.

4. If you want to, read with others/talk about it
Talking to other people who have read books that you've read and have opinions about it is really cool. You can go to a book club or even  start a book club. If you fear there's too much obligation in that, you can also just read recommendations from friends or family and talk to them about it later.


5. Bring reading into your life
If you're sitting in the bus with nothing to do, just grab a book and try to read for a little while. Try to read before you go to bed. If you never try to pick up a book, you'll never enjoy reading because you're not used to it. It's like playing sports, I think running sucked when I did it the first time but I kept trying and I'm feeling better and better about it now. You just have to bring it into your life, do it more and more often. That's how you'll start enjoying it.

6. Try Audible
If you really can't get through a book (or maybe you just don't have time), you can download the Audible app. This app reads books to you. That way you can listen to them when you're on the bus or when you're cleaning. You do have to pay all of the books you download though. I take great pleasure in listening to these books, so maybe it's something for you as well.

7. Knowledge is power, just saying. 


Thanks for reading!

PS all the pictures I used in this post are from Tumblr. I think they're incredibly beautiful, all the credits to the photographers!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I love reading and post like this are great for encouraging people to read more!X

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!