Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Summer photos ♥

Goodmorning everyone! 
 Life as a student is pretty great. I must admit that studying stresses me out a lot but I get three months to recover during the summer, which is amazing.

Previous summers were all about work, but this year I decided I also wanted to do some things for myself and enjoy life a bit while I had the time.
It's been a couple of very busy weeks but I'm having the time of my life and I though I'd take you on a journey with me.

The first amazing event that happened this summer was my friend's birthday party. She turned 33 and it was so nice to be surrounded by people that I know well and that I love very much. While we had the chance, we went for a group picture as well. Not everyone is on it (because obviously there was a lot to do), but I still think it's a pretty great picture.


One of the days following that day, I met two American tourists through work - Tom & David. I waited their table and when I was done with my shift I had a drink with some friends at another pub not far away. The two guys showed up and recognized me. Long story short, I had a great night and really enjoyed myself. I now have friends in California ;) .


The night after that I met Mary. She's an art history teacher from America, which was immediately interesting because I study (and teach) history as well! 
Even though it was late I took her on a small tour through Bruges and we ended up eating some croissants in the hotel room after I walked her home. It was weird and random, but I had fun.


I cut my hair about two or three weeks ago and regretted doing so right after. Hmm, I thought it was a bit too short and perhaps I should've thought it through. However, this last week I've really been enjoying this short hairdo. Okay, it takes some getting used to, but it looks good when it's messy - what a dream!


Spent some time on a boat... The weather has been quite nice these last few weeks and it's been my dream for quite a while to spend a day on a boat, going from one city to another. So far, not going anywhere, but I am on the boat, so it's progress! 


As if my week wasn't great enough, I went on a spontanious trip to Rotterdam. Even though it was rather short, I really enjoyed it. Oh, and I did get to spend time on a boat when I was there. You can read my Travel Diary for more.

I ended the week with a bang: my sister and I went to a one day festival (I think that's the best way to describe it), with amazing house DJ's - I saw a lot of friends that I hadn't seen in a long time, danced, ate, laughed and just really enjoyed myself. 


The day after, I took my dad to Cirque du Soleil, to go see Amaluna. This was my father's day gift to him, something a little different and hopefully special. When I went inside I was so nervous and excited to see what was going to happen. 
When I came out of the tent, I was just speechless. Same for my dad, by the way. Really enjoyed it!


And to end this post, yesterday's adventure, which was my birthday. 
I'm on train two now, you guys. I think I started blogging at 13 or 14, I've really grown up with you. It was an amazing day - I didn't do anything special or impressive, but I had the day off and just relaxed, which was obviously welcome after a week like that.





Thanks for reading! 
Hope to see you on Thursday! 

 

For more:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!