Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Travel Diary: Lisbon part #3


Hi! Welcome back to my blog! 
For those of you who can't get enough of my Travel Diaries, I've got good news! I have some more pictures for you today.

This one focusses on a part of my day trip to Sintra. Sintra is about 45 minutes away from the center of Lisbon and it's absolutely gorgeous. There are castles everywhere and it's no surprise that this is the most visited location in Portugal.

Quinta Da Regaleira is the first castle I visited and I've got many pictures to show you so... Let's go! 


This first castle we visited was not even from a king. It was from a very wealthy trader. It's called "Quinta Da Regaleira" and this is what a real life Disney castle would look like. The first few seconds I saw it, I really couldn't believe it looked like this. So, so beautiful!

 

 You could walk hours in this place. It's so beautiful and surrounded by a lot of green. There are many levels to go on and many secret passage ways.


One of the most fascinating things I saw here was this well. It was believed that the trader was a member of the Freemasons. If you wanted to become a member too, there was one challenge for you. That challenge was to go into this well at night and find your way out of it by following underground ways. This wasn't very dangerous but it was more symbolic.


After visiting the first castle we went to grab a bite at a local restaurant. This was so yumm! Rice with goat cheese quiche. And you know what? The goat cheese didn't even taste like goat cheese. Normally I'm not a fan, but apparently they have very nice goats in Alentejo, where this goat cheese comes from.

They also had "green wine" which wasn't really green, but it was a very sweet white wine. And it costs next to nothing! 
This was so nice because it was so hot outside that we could sit in our T-shirts without being cold. In November!
 

Although I didn't get to go inside the Moorish Castle, we did get to see it from a few different points of view. This castle made me think of the Chinese wall!


I hope you've enjoyed this post! Keep reading the next few parts for more on my Lisbon adventure! 
Have a really good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!