Thursday, December 7, 2017

EOTD: Red Halo

Goodmorning everyone! Here I am again and this time I have a bit of a special look for you!
The look that I am wearing today is a little out of my comfort zone, it's based on orange and red eyeshadows.
I have said it before on this blog and I'll say it again: red eyeshadows can be very intimidating and can make you look sick or like you've just cried in no-time.

These past few months I've started to appreciate oranges and reds a lot more.
The look that I made today is a "halo" look - this means that you have darker colours on the in- and outside of your eyelids and a lighter colour in the center.
This technique makes your eyes look bigger and brighter, which is really nice if you have small eyes.


I started by working a tan eyeshadow from Urban Decay's Naked Heat palette into my crease and blending it out.
Then, I put "Red Brick" by MAC in my crease, inner- and outer corner. This is a really bright orange, matt eyeshadow colour. Next, I darkened things up with the shimmery red "Ruddy" eyeshadow (also by MAC).

Fenty Beauty "Trophy Wife" - MAC "Ruddy" - MAC "Red Brick" - Urban Decay Naked Heat "Sauced"

Because the Fenty Beauty "Trophy Wife" highlighter is a little bit too dark for me during the wintertime, I decided to put it on the middle of my eyelid, the part that I had left blank.
I carefully blended this in with "Red Brick", going back and forth between the two colours.


After that I went in with my H&M gel eyeliner and my trusty old Essence liquid ink eyeliner. I put a little highlight by Kat Von D in my inner corner, et voilĂ !

If there are any products in this post that you are curious about, please find them below. You can simply click the link to find the review of the certain product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!