Friday, July 1, 2016

All about piercings!


I am the type of person that just loves embellishments. Not just on clothing, but also body embellisments or modifications, such as piercings.
Over the years, I got some piercings myself and I do get questions about it every once in a while. Time to share my tips! 

I started - like most girls - with just ear piercings. It started with two when I was a very small child, and right now I have five. A little over a year ago, I got my first "real" piercing - a nose stud and later on I also got my belly button pierced (which was the most 'painful' one in my opnion).
 

  • Think it through.
    If you're getting a piercing, it should be because you want it, not because all of your friends have it. Think it through, do you really want this? My first piercing was a nose piercing, and I had been wanting it since I was a very young teenage girl. I actually waited about 3-4 years before getting it.
    You could say that I was 'testing' myself a bit: will I still want it after a certain amount of time?
  • Go to a piercer you trust - don't think about the money.
    If you decide to get a piercing, do some research. Don't go to the cheapest piercer you can find if you know they have a bad reputation - I've always said I'd rather spend €10 or even €20 more if that means I'm getting a piercing from someone I know is good at his/her job.
    You can go to a piercer before you get your piercing to ask questions and look at all the different possibilities.

  • Don't be scared to ask questions (about the process, aftercare, anything - after all, you're piercing your body).
  • Make sure your piercing is clean.
    A piercing isn't a very painful thing (most of the time). It can however, get very painful if you don't take good care of it. You should always pay attention to cleaning up your piercing. Do it once in the morning and once in the evening, until it's fully healed.

  • Leave it alone to heal
    I know new piercings are so exciting and you can't wait to show them off, touch them,... but don't. The best thing to do is to just leave it alone so it can heal properly. I have to admit that when I got my nose piercing, I couldn't stop touching it either, but I too have suffered a small infection from it.
  • Immediately call the piercer or the doctor if you get an infection.
    Don't be too ashamed to ask for help if something should go wrong with your piercing. It's important to fix the problem as soon as possible, before anything can get out of hand.

I hope these tips are clear and maybe you'll take them into account if you're thinking about getting piercings.
If you have any tips to share (that I haven't written down in this post), don't hesitate to leave them in the comments below!

For more:

-Bloglovin
-Facebook
-Instagram
-Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!