Thursday, April 27, 2017

Freedom Noir Mattes collection review

My mom and I have been on the hunt for nude lipsticks that suit her. We have been trying different brands and shades. I often get something from the drugstore while my mom likes to browse the Internet looking for brands or shades she likes.

A couple of weeks ago we were scrolling through websites together when she found a bunch of nude lipsticks that she wanted to try from the brand "Freedom". We also found the Noir Mattes collection at thesame time, which was a set I really, really liked. 
We decided to both order one of the sets. A couple of days ago mine arrived and I can't wait to show them to you! 


The Noir Mattes collection exists out of five different lipsticks. All of the lipsticks are darker shades. 
I wish it was autumn again for a week so I could wear these lipsticks on a daily basis. Right now, I like to use them in the evening or when I have an event.


In this picture you can see the swatches of the five different colours. They range from 'light' to dark. The pigmentation is flawless.


"Twilight" is a gorgeous, deep wine red lipstick that's perfect for a dinner party or a date night.


I feel like "Watching" is the softest, most 'natural' colour in this collection. Okay, it's not your typical nude and it does draw attention, but it's still very wearable. This shade is a darker pink.


"Midnight" is the darkest of the three red shades. It's a couple shades darker than "Twilight". This lipstick has a hint of purple in it but it's very subtle.


"Darkness" really is a challenging lipstick, you do need some guts to wear this one out in the streets. The colour of this lipstick is purple. 

 

If you hear the name "Noir", you would expect this lipstick to be black. It isn't. "Noir" is a deep purple shade. It's a few shades darker than "Darkness". It might look like it's black from a distance, but once you get closer, you'll see the difference.
Might not be for everybody, but I think it's a very nice colour. Maybe a bit more fall and winter appropriate, but not less beautiful.


This collection is one of my favourites so far. The colours are very beautiful and very pigmented. The lipsticks are a bit dry though, so make sure you use a good lipbalm after you remove the lipstick. You could also scrub your lips before applying make-up so you don't see any bumps through the lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!