Friday, February 22, 2013

EOTD: Caramel & Chocolate - Essence pigments!

Hi everyone! I've been meaning to post this look so many times but I just never got around to taking pictures of this look.
As you all know, Essence came out with pigments quite a few months ago. I got two called "Smell the caramel", which is a colour I can't really describe so I would say 'caramel' is a good description, and "Box of chocolate", which is a brown colour.. Don't you just love the names?
The colours are quite neutral, I agree, but all the other pigments that were left in my drugstore were orange or pink ones, and I'm not really a big fan of hot pink eyeshadow on regular days, I think it's just a bit too much.
Oh and I'm sorry for updating this late, my Internet is working against me today.

Okay so here are the products that I've used: my liquid eyeliner from a local drugstore (on the left), my highlighter from NYC in "Basic Instinct" (on top), two jars of Essence pigments - the one on the left is "Smell the caramel" and the right one is "Box of chocolate" - and below, the mascara I used, it's the Mega volume black smoke mascara from L'Oréal.



Swatches! No natural daylight so that's why it looks a bit ... Erm, crappy? Anyways, the left finger is "Box of chocolate", next "Smell the caramel" and last my highlighter.


So this is how it looks... At first I was doubting a bit about how wearable it would be but it turned out to be a fun colour. You can build up the intensity if you want; start light and make it darker if you want to. I ended up liking it a lot, I would just advice to be careful with applying - especially with the darkest colour.



And that's how it looks! Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!