Saturday, February 23, 2013

Makeup Starter Kit!

Hello you guys! 
Happy Saturday! Today I'm doing a bit of a "different" post! As you can read in the title, it's going to be about a makeup starter kit. I often get asked about makeup - more in real life than on my blog - and a lot of times people ask me what I like to use or if I have any recommendations for their "makeup starter kit". So today I have collected a few items that I think are important to have if you're starting out with makeup. Of course there are also items in it that you don't need, but that I personally do like and do use.

Here's a picture of the items I chose.

 
  

Here are all the products I use for my face (I use quite a few products but please note you don't have to use it all too, I just have acne problems and scars so if you have nice skin, don't feel the need to put all of this on): 

First of all I use some kind of daycream or moisturizer. Especially for people with dry skin this is important, but even if you have a bit of an oily skin you can still use it. When I started out with makeup I used to skip moisturizer and my foundation never looked good, there were always dry spots in my face that made the foundation look weird so please do use this.
 
I have a drugstore foundation, this is Maybelline fit me foundation in 115 (medium coverage). I like drugstore foundations because they're cheap, they last long and they give quite good coverage. Also, every brand has it's own foundation so there's choice enough. (I apply this with my hands but you could get a foundation brush or a beauty blender, it's up to you. If you decide to use your hands to apply this, don't forget to wash them before starting! - a lot of people seem to forget!)

I also use concealer, I think this is a product that everyone should have. It's great to cover up under eye circles and other blemishes you might have. I have skin problems so concealer has always been a holy item for me. In the picture you see that I have a concealer palette by Catrice. So cheap and so many colours! If you can get your hands on it, please take it home because it's amazing! (I apply this with my fingers but you could get a concealer brush as well if you wanted to.)

I also use a pressed powder to set my foundation - again, there are very good drugstore ones. I use a kabuki brush for this.
I use blush as well. If you don't like blush or you don't want it, that's okay, you don't have to get it for your starter kit. I do like it because I am quite pale and I don't blush naturally, so I look "dead". To apply this, I use my drugstore blush brush.


Okay, on to all the other products that have nothing to do with skincare.

First, I have an eyebrow pencil, this one is by Catrice and I just got it because my eyebrows are messed up so I like to draw them on a little bit better. If you're a lady with lovely eyebrows, you don't need this at all.

Next I have a mascara, this one is the Black Smoke Volume Mascara from L'Oréal but you could pick any mascara you like. Drugstores are full of it! I also have a makeup palette with three neutral colours in it - makeup palettes are always good for starters, there are no disadvantages. I really like drugstore palettes because the pigmentation is very good and the price is low, you don't really need to spend a lot of money on a high end product if you're a starter because you might end up hating eyeshadow. This is optional, you don't have to wear eyeshadow if you don't want to. If you do, you could use the brushes that come with most makeup palettes, but you could also get some other ones. On the right side of the picture you see two thin brushes. These are the ones I use for my makeup looks: a flat brush and a blending brush (I use that one to put colour in my crease but also to blend).

When I use eyeshadow, I also like to put on liquid eyeliner, it's my signature look so that's why I put eyeliner in the picture as well. You could also use gel eyeliner or pencil eyeliner - or you could skip it. It's personal preference.

And last but not least I have a lip product. You could get a cute lipstick or lipgloss, but I just chose for a lipbalm. The lipsticks or lipglosses (including one lipbalm because you need it more than you think) I prefer to wear are all in my purse.


That's it! A rather long post, but I hope you enjoyed it and I hope I helped some people with it! Thanks for reading and have a lovely Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. schöne sachen hast du da herausgesucht. ich finde,mit den produkten können anfänger nicht viel falsch machen !

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!