Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser and Ultra Facial Cream

Hi guys!
I got these two new skincare products a little while ago and surprisingly I never really told you guys about it. It's the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser and Ultra Facial Cream.
I only have one other product from Kiehl's, which is their lipbalm, and if you have been checking on my blog, you'll know that I have written about it a lot! I love the lipbalm, so I expected good things from these two face products as well.

Personally I don't like testing face products as much as makeup because I have quite sensitive skin and I break out easily. Testing is always a risk. That's why I tested this when I had a week off from school so that my skin would have enough time to recover in case something went wrong.

The facial cleanser holds 30ml and the facial cream holds 7ml.
The packaging looks like always: white, basic and with information on it. Easy!


The Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser is a cleanser that is for all skin types. There's a lot of information on the tube and directions can also be found on there (which is always nice). I'm not going to type everything because obviously I don't think a lot of people really  need to know that there's Advocado oil in it, but I will type how Kiehl's describes this cleanser. "Gentle Liquid Formula that Cleanses without Over-drying or Stripping Skin." I find the over-drying part and the skin stripping part very important, since I have rather dry skin myself and I want to keep it moisturized and healthy.

What I always find very important when testing skincare products is the smell - some products really just stink, there's no other way of putting it. These Kiehl's products do have a little bit of a smell but it's not disturbing. It doesn't have any colour. Also the facial cleanser isn't a scrub or anything, it just reminds me of a gel that works very gently and a little bit foaming on the skin. Very nice.



After applying the cleanser and rinsing it off well, I apply the facial creme. It's a white-ish.
The jar looks very little but actually you really don't need a lot for your whole face. The cream is soft and gentle and I find that it moisturizes without feeling sicky or annoying.
Just like the cleanser, it has a bit of a smell, but I would say I rather like it than hate it, so it's not really disturbing.

6 comments:

  1. I don'y know these products but seem interesting!


    http://lowbudget-lowcost.blogspot.it/2013/02/roma-dropis-swap-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried Kiehl's products ever! They seem to work wee or so I hear. I agree about smells, I won't use it if it stinks lol

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try out the cleanser! Seems like a nice one, I've heard great things.

    xo
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to try Kiehl's forever. This will be the kick in the pants I need!
    Marie
    http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried these products.
    Kiss.

    Valeria. http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it
    Giveaway: http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it/2013/02/international-giveaway-share-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. following from beauty blogger bunch xx
    http://tarastreatsreviews.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!