Monday, February 18, 2013

How to look healthy when you're sick

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great day today!
If you've read my Weely Diary, you'll know that it was my first day going back to school since a one week break. I am still sick, and that's why today I thought of doing a makeup look in which I "faked" to look healthy. I'm going to tell you what I do to prevent looking ill.
Oh, and I also want to thank those of you who left me a sweet 'get well soon' comment. I appreciate it.


So here is what I look like right now even though I'm not feeling well at all. I don't have a "before" picture, simply because I forgot to take it this morning.

 I know the lighting probably isn't the best but you can see that I made sure I had nice and pink cheeks, also I'm wearing a lipgloss by Catrice in this picture, it's called "Nymph's Glow" and it's a peach toned lipgloss. Honestly, I think it's the most beautiful colour in the world!




Okay so there are a few things that I change in my makeup routine, when I'm sick. Your foundation routine is still thesame but the only thing you have to pay attention to is the area around your nose. Don't put too much foundation or powder over there because you will blow your nose and if all the foundation and powder comes off, you have the risk of looking a bit weird.


Often when you're sick, your skin also looks a little bit more pale. So that's why, when you do your blush, you can add a little bit more if you want to.
I am very pale all the time (even if I'm not sick), so I love my blush, but now I even apply a teeny tiny bit more.

The next thing I do is to apply a highlighter. Normally I only wear it in summer when there's bright sunlight to reflect the highlighter, or I wear it to a party, but when I'm sick I also like to use it because it gives you a bit of a healthy glow - and that's exactly what you need when your skin isn't looking very well.
You could also mix a liquid highlighter with your daycreme before you apply foundation, it's all up to you, just get that glow.

The highlighter I'm wearing is from the Essence Fantasia collection.

The last thing I do is to make sure I'm not wearing lipstick. Since you want a healthy glow, you can go for a lipbalm that looks like a transparant lipgloss, or you can just go for a pink or peach toned lipgloss. Even though I love lipstick, I can't deny the fact that it's a no- go when you're sick.
Personally I really love the Kiehl's lipbalm, it has been one of my favourite lipbalms of all times!


Oh, I forgot to mention! I have a YSL lipstick that feels AND looks like a lipbalm. It's the Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balm. Of course you could use such lipsticks as well, because they're actually not lipsticks.



As for my eyes, I just went with my signature look, which is the winged eyeliner!




I hope you liked this post and I hope I helped other people who are sick!
In case you have somewhere important to go to, don't forget these tips!

Have a lovely evening! 

2 comments:

  1. Great tips and make-up!


    http://lowbudget-lowcost.blogspot.it/2013/02/stripes-how-to-wear-them.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely HATE being sick. but makeup always makes me feel better :P

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!