Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bookreview: "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver ♥

Hey you guys!
How are you doing? Last night I couldn't sleep due to the heat, so I decided to read a little bit... I read "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver, and finished the book. This book is the first book in the "Delirium" trilogy.


Basically this book is a Young Adult, dystopian book. It's about a society where Love is believed to be an illness. You can even die from it.
So to stop people from getting infected, everyone gets a surgery when they're 18, which stops them from being able to love. All the people live thesame boring lives, day by day, without love for each other. They believe not being able to love is the only way to a happy life.

 

Lena, the main character, can't wait to get her surgery. Her mom and dad were killed because of Love and she is scared of it. So she counts the days until her Surgery.
But then she meets Alex and before she knows it, she falls in love with him - only a couple of weeks before the Surgery. Now Lena has to choose: the Surgery or Alex?

 

I was very surprised by this book. I didn't think I would get into it because I love "Love", but it's actually written very well and I can understand why people would fear Love - it makes you unstable.
A lot of things happened and it never really went how I expected it.
The book actually made me think of our society and what is going on in our lives. I can see something like this happening in the future!
It only took me a couple of days to read this book and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel: "Pandemonium".


I would recommend this book to everyone who is into young adult and dystopian books. If you like "The Hunger Games" and the "Divergent" series, you will for sure love this book! 
Check it out! 

Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!