Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to school; Being new and making friends!


Hello everyone!
Here I am again with a back to school post. School is almost starting up for me, and this year I'm going to be the youngest in school again.
I'm going to college for the first time and even though I'm really excited, I'm also a little scared!

I've always been a very shy girl, especially on first days, I hate them! My friends and my sister seem to be really good at making new friends, whereas for me, it's always a challenge.

I know this is probably going to sound really boring but what I've decided to do is just be myself. It's not easy because I've been getting panic attacks when I'm trying to do something new, but I tell myself that not everything is easy. You just have to jump and see if you'll fly!

I struggled so much being who I am and trying to please everyone these last couple of years, I don't want to do that anymore.
So the best thing to do is probably be yourself and say: take it or leave it.


There are going to be people who don't like you, there are going to be people who will like you.
As long as you're polite, and as long as you feel comfortable in your own skin, there shouldn't be a problem!

How do you make new friends, where do you start?
Like I said I'm a little shy but all is not lost. When I try to talk to someone the first time I just ask what they're doing. What are they going to study? Do you live here? Where are you from?
Maybe compliment their outfit if you like it, that's a good way to start, but make sure it's sincere and not slimy.

Just remember to keep your cool. I'm sure everything will be fine and work out in the end. It always does for me, so why wouldn't it for you?
Good luck!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!