Monday, June 27, 2016

Travel Diary: Villa Adriana

Happy Monday! 

 

I hope you don't have any Monday blues this week. 
I wouldn't say I have Monday blues today, but I am feeling a bit sad looking at today's post - in this post, I'm going back to Villa Adriana in Tivoli (Italy) and I just wish I could actually go back instead of through pictures.

 

Villa Adriana is one of my favourite places in Italy. It takes about an hour to get there and when you're in the train, you're treated to spectacular views.

Villa Adriana is a huge residence that King Hadrian had built and it's absolutely gorgeous. There's a palace, libraries, theatres, a pool, altars, a sports stadium, an art gallery and much more! 
 The buildings that you find here are just a little leftover of what used to be there. It's mindblowing to see. I couldn't help but wonder how man, so tiny and vulnerable, can build such great things.

 

The first thing we saw when we walked in was this model.
It shows what you can find in Villa Adriana and just seeing this already blew my mind. Very exciting!

 

We've actually spent the whole day in Tivoli, taking your time to walk around and see everything is a must for sure! 

Have a look!


I've never in my life seen something like this and I'm so happy and thankful to have had this experience! This is something I'll never forget.

 If you ever get the chance to go see Villa Adriana in real life; don't hesitate to do it. It really is worth it!

 

Thanks for reading! 
Have a lovely day! 


For more:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!