Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The glow must go on - bronzing and highlighting palette review!

If you follow beauty trends or if you're on Instagram, there is a big chance you've seen "contouring/higlighting videos" of some sort.
The trend has been in beautyland for quite some time and I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Essence recently came out with a whole new limited edition collection, entirely based on "blogger's beauty secrets". Every single product in this collection was created by a blogger. One of them was a Dutch blogger called Serena, she runs Beautylab.nl.
 She created the item that I liked the most: a bronzing and highlighting set called "The glow must go on".


First things first: I will forever love you if you use a song title and slightly change it to match your product. Especially if it's a song by Queen. I think my mom would freak out if I showed her this palette - she's a huge Queen fan and I actually 'discovered' this song through her.
Funny or witty names aren't a must, but they just make me love some products a little more. 


The packaging of this product is very cute, I love the turquoise. Completely designed around Serena, which I think is pretty cool! I'd love to do that in the future (dreaming is allowed, right?).

This palette holds three shimmery bronzing colours, two eyeshadows and one highlighter. It also holds a tiny brush.
Below, you can see the swatches. Not bad at all if you ask me.


On the left you see the three bronzing colours, the brown and orange colours are eyeshadow and at the end of my wrist, you can see the yellow/gold shimmery highlighter.

Below you can see what the bronzer and shimmer looks like on my face. At first I had the impression that the bronzer was a bit too dark for me, but as it turns out, it looks just fine. I love the glow this higlighter gives me! 
I'd love it if they'd release the highlighter seperately!



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!