Monday, March 10, 2014

Essence I ♥ stage eyeshadow base review

Hello everyone! 
Spring is coming and I couldn't be more excited! Time for skirts, tops and hopefully fun at the beach.
Also time for a new eyeshadow base because I feel like my make-up creases faster in warm weather!

I got this new eyeshadow base by Essence. It's called the "I ♥ stage" eyeshadow base. 
 

This eyeshadow base looks a little bit like the Essence lipglosses. The packaging is okay, I don't think it's ugly. The applicator is similar to the applicators they use for their lipglosses.

 

This is what the eyeshadow base looks like. I was actually surprised by how dark it is, I mean, I'm quite pale and when I put this on my eyelid it looks like my eyelids are extremely tan and everything else it just white. Not that it causes big problems, you just put eyeshadow over it and it's gone.


I put my eyeshadow on in the morning and when I looked at my make-up in the afternoon, about 8 hours later, it still looked perfect. Nothing creased, not moved. Just the way I like it! 
I'm rather happy with this eyeshadow base. Aside from the fact that it's a little too dark for me (which I can hide with eyeshadow), I have no other remarks. This eyeshadow base costs €2.49.


In case you were wondering, the eyeshadow colours that I used for this look are "Woodwinked" by MAC on the lid and "Texture"  by MAC in the crease.
My eyeliner is by Essence and my highlighter colour is "Sassy" by The Balm.

If you'd like to see how I create this look, click this link. It will open in a new window and you will find yourself on my youtube channel, where I have a video on this look.
Please subscribe to support me. Thanks!

Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! I've never tried Essence products before, but this one seems interesting! Plus I'd like to say you're very pretty and did a really good job with your make up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!