Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Golden Goddess highlighter review!


Highlighters have been a very big thing the last (few) year(s). Every brand seems to have one, it's really all you hear about on blogs and YouTube channels, and I can't really blame anyone.
When I was a kid, I used to watch "Charmed" on TV and I would wonder what made the girls in the show glow like that. What made them look so fresh and healthy?
As I started learning more about make-up, I was told about this thing called "highlighter"... "Oh," I thought, "so that's where the glow comes from?".

It's no secret that I'm a big higlighter lover too! About a month ago, in Madrid, I found this cute highlighter by Revolution.
It's a triple baked highlighter in a heart shape, called "Goddess of Love". A gorgeous absolutely stunning gold highlighter that's affordable too! But is it good enough to steal my heart?


The packaging is way too cute. Heart shapes are meant to win girls over rightaway. No, really, this packaging is quite cute. It might not be great for storage or travelling, but it'll take your bad mood away in the morning!
Below, you can see what the swatch looks on my hand.


I personally loved this swatch. A higlighter has be pigmented for sure, but too pigmented can look a bit stupid as well, after all, you don't want to look like a discoball.

I love the glow this highlighter gives me, without being too much or too over the top. It is exactly what it needs to be; noticable, but not ridiculous, if that makes sense.
You can see the highlighter when I turn my head, when the sun decides to show itself or when a light shines on my face. I've tried my very best to capture the gorgeousness on camera and believe I have succeeded as well.

Below you'll find a picture of what my highlighter looks like in artificial light. Pretty nice, huh?


I'm in love. Pun intended.
There are two more options available, but this one was the best one for my complexion. I'm very happy to have gotten one of these highlighters.

Are there any highlighters you'd like to recommend? Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading and as always, I hope to see you soon!

 For more information or beauty related posts, go to my other social media:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!