Friday, March 1, 2013

BOOKREVIEW: "Damaged" by Alex Kava

Hey guys!
Today I have a bookreview for you, it's been quite a while but I finally got around to reading my book! I’m reviewing an Alex Kava book today, it’s called “Damaged”. I have read one of her books before and I liked it so I had really high expectations for this book.
This is how the book looks:



I think the cover looks good but I’m not blown away by it, it does have something to do with the theme of the book.

On the back there’s written; “What’s fear, chaos, death and loss to most people, is morbid chance for others….” Oh, do I have to mention this is a thriller?

The story is set on the Gulf of Mexico. Just before a hurricane is about to strike,  the Coast Guard finds a fish tank full of carefully packed body parts.
FBI Agent Maggie O’Dell investigates the case and discovers that one of the body parts belongs to a man who disappeared during the last hurricane. It is also remarkable that the man lived thousands of miles away. What happened, how did a part of his body end up in there?

The book itself was good but I did not really “wow”. The storyline was nice and beautifully written but I do like surprises, things that happen in a book which really “shock” you. And I didn’t have it in this book. I actually knew immediately who the bad guy was, which wasn’t really nice because I still had a hundred pages to read at that time. I also had many questions at the end, things that had been mentioned before but that weren’t mentioned later on in the book, which is a pity because I’m always thinking about the details and I wanted to know what it turned out to be in the end. Also I think the summery in the back says a little bit too much about the story. You can already guess what’s going to happen.

So it was a good book, but my least favourite one from her so far, just because I knew how it would end long before it ended. 

3 comments:

  1. I've never read it. Thanks for the review.

    Valeria
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha wtf ofcourse the bookcover has something to do with the book , hurricane --> palmtrees that are blown away...... and gurl , It's fashion week right now , then why do you keep on blogging about make-up make-up make-up ... oh yeah and books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Well I don't blog about fashion week because I don't want to blog about it, it's simple as that.
      This is still my blog and I get to choose what I write about. If you don't like it, then don't visit this blog.

      Thanks, bye.

      Delete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!